I’ve already mentioned that in past few months I rarely find time to sew for myself.. Special occasions are usually the reason when I try to squeeze a few hours for selfish sewing and I always leave it for the last couple of hours until the event.. My high school best friend's wedding was one of those occasions and this is the dress I made in limited amount of time.. I had a very busy week and I delayed making the dress until Friday, and the wedding was on Saturday.. To be more precise, I started cutting the fabric at 19h on Friday, counting that 4 hours would be enough to finish sewing everything.. I already knew which fabric I wanted to use, and that strapless dress was the best choice for my fabric pick.. I needed a safe pattern because there was no time for mistakes..
My first choice was the pattern #107 from Burda 03/2010.. I’ve made a dress using that pattern before, and I know that the fit is great, but form my fabric choice I needed a simpler bodice.. It would be a shame to cut that beautiful flower print I used for the bodice.. That’s the reason I picked a pattern I used three times before (1, 2, 3).. It’s a pattern for bustier #124 from Burda 01/2012.. Six pieces for the bodice, and the print is saved.. The print was also the reason why I chose to place the invisible zipper at the left side instead at the back of the dress..