It looks that I’ve made a break from sewing dresses.. I still don’t know how that happened.. Here is my latest make, also my make for March for Burda Challenge 2015.. From the first moment I saw pattern for this dress I wanted to make it.. To be more precise, there are two versions of this pattern #117 and #118 (Burda 03/2015).. First is a mini wedding dress, and second is a dress with piped seams.. I wanted to mix all elements that I liked into one dress.. This was a perfect opportunity to use piping on a dress.. Also I wanted to make a version with long sleeves as it is with the pattern for a wedding dress because I really liked those cute closures with buttons..
I went through my fabric stash for a few times, and none of the fabrics was good enough.. That’s when I knew it was time for fabric shopping.. Something strange is going on around here, and we are losing our stores with friendly priced fabrics.. I had to think of my budget and buy exact length of the fabric that I needed.. In my case, 1.30m was enough for this dress.. Soon as I saw this cute, super soft viscose I immediately had a picture in my mind.. Black and ivory hearts would go perfectly with turquoise details.. Sewing this dress was a true pleasure.. With the fabric it was love at first touch.. There were no problems with sewing the piping, button loops, or any other detail.. The whole process went smoothly.. I only had to wait for about 10 days to make the smallest size covered buttons..
This dress has so many details I wanted to show you and (once again) I had a problem with selecting photos.. I like how the piping matches perfectly with the fabric I used for making covered buttons.. Button loops are made from the fabric I used for the rest of the dress.. I added lining to the skirt, starting from the waist panel.. The panel has interfacing, and I didn’t like the idea for it to be visible or to touch my skin.. In the end, I’m very happy to have another cute dress to wear..
Behind the camera - my favorite sister Dina :D