By now you may have noticed that I like to use basic patterns and make things a bit different.. This time I played with a shirt pattern #135 from Burda 02/2013.. It’s a pattern for a very simple bow shirt.. What I liked with this pattern is the construction of sleeves.. There are darts on sleeve cap and (in my opinion) it’s easier to sew them to armscye.. Here you can see my first two versions of this top..
The first is made from rayon, red with brownish stripes.. Instead of sewing the bow, I drafted a collar.. I wanted to play a bit with direction of stripes and I like the result.. The fabric was leftover from one of my older projects.. I didn’t have it a lot, so after cutting bodice and collar parts I used the rest for the sleeves..
For the second top I used gray lightweight cotton.. I liked how my birthday dress looked with the pleats, so I did the same thing here.. I think the top would look better if I added at least two more pleats, but it’s also okay like this.. Once again I made shorter sleeves.. The neckline is finished with bias tape..
This time my favorite sister Dina is in front of the camera ;)