I’m in a phase of shirt making.. Ideas are mixing in my mind and I’m constantly changing my previous plans.. I was preparing myself to make a shirt from this lovely print rayon fabric you see on photos, but while I was tracing pattern pieces on paper I decided to use that pattern for making this shirt.. I had a backup plan.. I already did my research of shirt patterns from Burda magazines, and there was another easy pattern I wanted to try - #119 from Burda06/2013..
The pattern is very easy to make shirt with ¾ sleeves and pockets.. Now you can see my first make of this pattern before I start experimenting more.. I have to admit that this rayon fabric troubled me a bit.. The fabric was very slippery, not all the stitches are good, so it is a bit messy but I don’t mind.. This shirt is for me.. I had about 120-130 cm of this fabric, just enough for this shirt.. Even if the shirt had full length sleeves I would have to make them ¾.. It’s always great when you don’t have a scrap left from a sewing project.. I had to use navy bias tape at the inside of a collar, and it gives the shirt a nice detail no one can see except me..
The skirt I made with self-drafted pattern.. It is basically a half circle skirt.. At front sides I cut panels so I could make those pockets.. For me it wasn’t enough, and I added piping to the seams to make all details more visible.. The fabric I used is navy-gray wool.. On last photo is the best view of the fabric.. The skirt has a lining too.. Because of the piping on side seams I decided to place invisible zipper at the back seam..
These two pieces look great together.. I actually love this skirt a lot and I hope that eventually I’ll find time to make one for myself..
Behind the camera - Mokosha