A couple months ago, my sister and I were in a shop looking for some fabrics.. She found a piece of rayon of 0.90m in length, enough for a shirt or blouse.. Immediately I had an idea to make her a peplum top.. I’m so happy to have a sister for whom I can sew experimental garments when I’m not sure if it is something I would wear..
For this top I used the pattern #113 from Burda 08/2012.. This particular pattern has 3 different variations.. #113 is peplum top with short sleeves, #114 peplum top with long sleeves, and #115 a dress.. I have already made two dresses using pattern #115, one of which you can see here (Sherry Blossom Girl).. That’s why at the beginning I knew that it would be better to make the neck opening wider.. I finished that hem with bias tape.. My second and main modification to the pattern was making closure with buttons at the back.. It was an easy task to do.. Heart shaped buttons gave a special cute note to this top.. Without them it would be just another plain peplum top.. My third and last adjustment of this pattern was shortening the peplum for about 5cm.. I must admit that I wasn't trying to match the pattern of the fabric.. Looking it up close everything looks the same..
Looking from the back of the top, it seems like the top is not fitting good.. There’s some extra space at her lower back.. First I thought that I should change something, but after seeing my sister move and doing normal tasks I realized that everything is ok.. It’s not like I made this for her so she can only stand and pose for the photos..
On the last picture you can see technical sketches for all three variations of the pattern I've used for this top.. They are all from Burda 08/2012..