When I bought this fabric with print of needlepoint flowers and geometric pattern I didn’t have any idea what kind of a dress could I make with it.. I liked the vintage look the fabric had.. It also reminded me of Russian scarfs.. The fabric was sitting in my stash for a year or two.. Before I decided which pattern to use for my Drawing Lines dress, I traced the pattern for a bodice #104 from Burda 01/2013.. While sewing the previous dress with another pattern, I came up with an idea for next project..
The fabric is some kind of viscose or synthetic.. The print is divided on sections with solid black, needlepoint flowers and geometric pattern.. I had all the freedom in using the print of the fabric as I liked, because I had more than 2.5 m of it.. As I have already mentioned, the bodice is #104 from Burda 01/2013.. Front of the bodice has princess seams.. For those of you who are interested, this dress has elbow darts ;) The collar is my favorite detail with this pattern.. I know that it’s not complicated to add collar to any bodice, but it’s easier when it’s all ready to cut.. I didn't like the skirt with the original pattern, that's why I've changed it..
I used geometric pattern for collar and waist ties, and flowers for the rest of the dress.. Only pockets are form solid black fabric.. The waist ties are starting at princess seams.. To the bodice I added gathered skirt with pockets in side seams.. There were no problems with the fit..
The dress is comfortable and I ended up wearing it for New Year’s party.. I was crazy enough to photograph this dress on our Christmas day, when temperature was below -10°C.. It was the first day I had a cold, as if I knew that I won’t be able to move from the bed next couple of days..
For the end, my new super cute shoes.. The closest I’ll ever get to Marc Jacobs mouse ballerinas..
Behind the camera – my favorite sister Dina :)