I’m not in a phase of making shirts (at least not yet).. This shirt predates my Star Wars shirt.. I made it a year and a half ago, but it had a problem which I delayed fixing until today.. I used pattern #105 from Burda 09/2009.. A classic shirt with long sleeves, and 2 small pleats at cuffs.. Sewing the collar and details at cuffs went pleasantly well.. Everything was ruined when I attached the sleeves to the armhole.. It looked like I had more fabric on sleeve cap than I could set in to armhole.. Too many puckering at seams.. First I decided to ignore that, and I even wore the shirt like that couple of times.. Then I decided to find a way to resolve that problem.. After my interventions, that seam was still wrong.. The shirt went on my “to fix” pile and stayed there until now..
I made a very simple decision – ignore the sleeves.. The easiest solution.. I just needed to finish the armholes with bias tape.. Too bad it didn’t cross my mind earlier.. Now I have a cute sleeveless shirt made of blue cotton with black stars and dots..
The skirt is also made by me, many years ago.. It’s from a period when I experimented with gathered skirts.. I tried to find perfect width for rectangle to fit my waist.. If I’m not wrong, in this case I gathered 2.80 m of fabric at the waist.. That amount of fabric looks and drapes good only because I picked the right cotton fabric.. Nowadays, I don’t use more than 2 m for this kind of skirt..
Behind the camera - my dear friend Mokosha :)