I wanted to make this wrap blouse since the pattern was released more than a year ago.. It’s the pattern #115 from Burda 04/2014.. So many lovely makes I’ve seen on BurdaStyle so I had to make one for myself.. I had perfect fabric in my stash, soft purple rayon.. Adding scalloped edges was my only modification.. In the meantime I made various other projects with scallops, and probably bored many of you with it.. I guess I delayed starting this project in fear of making scallops with rayon.. I thought it would be more complicated than with some firmer fabrics that I’ve used before, but I was wrong.. Scallops turned out neat, and the fabric drapes nicely.. This will surely be my most worn blouse this spring..
We had Easter yesterday and I want to show you how my Galaxy Easter Eggs turned out.. Usually I ignore all religious stuff, but this year my sister wanted me to make Easter eggs.. At first I didn’t want to do it, until she said out loud – tutorial for Galaxy Easter Eggs.. Of course I had to take a look at tutorial.. I’m freshly done with the course for conservation-restoration of archaeological ceramics, and the way these eggs are painted is the same way we were thought to paint plaster we added in restauration of missing parts of the vessels – using acrylic colors, brushes and sponges.. The only thing we learned different is using toothbrush for making splatter.. I must add that it was more fun to work with colors that are not some kind of reddish, grayish or brownish shades as prehistoric pottery usually is..
Behind the camera - my favorite sister Dina :)