These days I’m in a mood for sewing garments with fabrics I bought in Turkish market in Berlin.. So far I’ve used four, and I’m left with only one more.. I already showed you what I made with first and second fabric, and this is my third make.. The dress you see here is actually the present I brought from Berlin for my sister Dina.. I truly tried to find some other gift, but ended up buying 2 meters of this lovely flower print cotton.. It looked like the most logical thing to do.. At that point I didn’t know what kind of a dress would I make for her.. Eventually I remembered that my sister tried on a dress that a friend made for herself and that it looked good on her..
It’s the vintage pattern #125 from Burda 11/2007.. It has a lot of interesting details.. Pleats on shoulders, kimono sleeves with an underarm gusset, pleated skirt.. Unfortunately, all those details are barely visible on photos because of the busy print of the fabric.. You can see it all on a technical sketch bellow.. This time I wasn’t too lazy and I sewed the pockets to the dress.. That’s the only thing that I changed to the original pattern.. I really enjoyed sewing this cotton print.. There were no problems of any kind.. After making this dress I was left with enough fabric to make a shorts for myself (you'll see it at some point)..
I love how this slightly off the shoulders neckline looks on Dina.. Originally, this dress should be worn with a petticoat.. The skirt would be fuller.. We both think that it looks fine like this.. Dina was also very happy with the outcome and wore this dress on her birthday party.. Now I must figure out a new dress as a birthday present for her.. Hopefully this time she won’t have to wait too long for it..
|Technical sketch for pattern #125 from Burda 11/2007|