The pattern that caught my eye from June’s Burda issue was for this dress (#133 from Burda 06/2015).. The only tiny problem was the fact that the pattern is for teenage girls.. I wanted to make the dress as my June make for Burda Challenge 2015, but first I needed a test project to see if I could get into largest girl’s size.. As a tester I decided to make a top #132, which is a variation of the dress pattern.. Largest size for the top and the dress is girl’s 158.. I took a look at size charts and discovered that it’s almost equal to women’s 34-36.. Only the height is like for petite women instead of normal 168 cm..
For the top I used black rayon.. I wanted to make the top as it is, but on time I realized that the cropped version would look much better with high waisted shorts and skirts.. Instead of tracing the full length for the top, I traced the shorter version that is used for the dress (upper part of the dress).. It took me only an hour to sew it.. The fit is good and it's very comfortable.. After this little experiment I was ready to make the dress (you'll see it soon)..
The top was a perfect match for these cute high waisted shorts that I've made from the leftover fabric from the dress I made for my sister.. The pattern is #129 from Burda 02/2012.. An easy make which would probably look better with solid color fabric because that way pleats on the front would be more visible.. For lining the pockets I used some polyester fabric with polka dots.. Just a cute detail that only I’m aware of..
I love this combo very much.. It’s great for hot summer days that we have in Belgrade.. One of those outfits that I wore couple of times in a week and I still can’t get enough..
Behind the camera - my favorite sister Dina :D