Autumn has started but I’m still late with showing my summer makes.. Long time ago, I bought this lovely cotton blend fabric in pale yellow.. Very strange color choice for me.. I loved it’s softness and tiny stripes that are barely visible on the photos.. From the start I wanted to make a shirtdress with it.. I even had cute buttons in my stash.. The project waited a couple of years to get on top of my sewing list.. The main reason is probably my new favorite thing in sewing - making pleats.. First idea was to make vertical tucks on front bodice piece.. After giving it a little thought, I decided to make also horizontal tucks that would go across bust area.. The fabric is very thin and see through, a reason more to make something interesting going on there..
The pattern I used is #109 from Burda 01/2010.. I’ve already made two dresses with that pattern, one for my sister and one for myself.. With my third make I changed a few things.. Because of the lightweight fabric, it had more sense to make a sleeveless shirtdress.. In the original pattern there are only couple of vertical pintucks around button closure.. In my version, the whole front pieces of the bodice has vertical tucks, and a few horizontal ones.. Button placket I made with a separate fabric piece because I didn’t want a messy look with horizontal tucks going over it.. The skirt is a bit shorter than the pattern suggests, and those are all of my modifications for this dress..
Sewing all these tucks took me a whole afternoon, but it was worth it.. Hopefully, we’ll have more warm days this Autumn so I could wear this dress before spring.. If not, I would love to make a new version of this dress for colder days that are starting..
Behind the camera - мој Матија