This dress is one more of my little experiments.. For a while I wanted to make dress bodice with tiny pintucks.. After sewing all those tucks back in September, pintucks were logical next step.. Also, for much longer time I wanted to make a dress with a side buttondown.. Last week I had the idea for a great combination of these two details.. All I needed was a basic bodice pattern with darts only at the waist..
For bodice I picked pattern #133 from Burda 08/2012 which I used a couple times before (here and here).. I knew that the fit is good and I like those cute cap sleeves.. My idea was to sew vertical pintucks for the front bodice piece, which would create nice effect when there are only waist darts.. I had to do an adjustment to the bodice pattern, I moved bust darts to the waist.. Also on left side I added space for buttons and buttonholes.. I didn’t want to complicate things more so I made a simple gathered skirt.. I used lightweight cotton with which I planned to make a shirt dress.. It was a good fabric choice for sewing all those tiny pintucks.. I love how this experiment turned out.. I made it in a size larger than I wear.. It was only a test, and I would love to make the same one in some other color..
Behind the camera - my favorite sister Dina :)