Recently my boyfriend’s grandma gave me a bunch of fabrics that she bought decades ago and kept until now.. I knew that in near future there will be a couple of family gatherings, and I simply decided to use those fabric to dress myself (kind of a challenge).. For the first occasion I decided to make a dress from this lovely white cotton fabric with print.. The print reminds mostly of snowflakes.. A bit strange for a summer dress, but I think that it altogether looks good.. Once again I delayed sewing dress until last moment.. It’s good that I had a whole day because putting together all these pieces took me more time than I anticipated..
This time I didn’t have a clear idea which dress I would love to make.. The width of this fabric is only 80 cm, and I had only 2 m of length.. Not much to work with.. I remembered that I liked dress pattern #111 from Burda 07/2016 (A, B) and decided to try something new.. After tracing all pattern pieces I was sure that for the pleated skirt I needed more fabric.. That’s why I used only bodice pieces, and made a pleated skirt with the fabric I had.. For bodice lining I used some white cotton leftover fabric (from the sheets I made recently).. I added pockets and finished the hemline of the skirt with bias tape..
I was overwhelmed with the outcome.. I love the fit of the bodice and scooped neckline.. This become my new most worn dress this summer.. I was pleasantly surprised that it’s comfy to wear.. Fit bodice and fabric without elastin usually are not friendly to food and drink.. Luckily that’s not the case with this one..
Behind the camera - my favorite sister Dina :)